Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, April 21, 2014

Day 2 and 3 of Our Mexican Adventure- AT SEA



   
Sunday was mainly a blur of seasickness.  We attended a company function early in the morning, and Lacey won a Princess cruise Teddy Bear in the raffle. 

We meandered  (floundered) around the ship, trying to find the calmest area to combat our on-off seasickness.  We ate pizza and wandered around, and mainly slept all afternoon the first day, because we were so seasick.  First night was formal night and we dressed up,


 and shared our table with another Select Producer Robert Finley and his precious wife Robyn, and visited and ate duck breast and shrimp cocktail and a whole bunch of steak.  I don’t know if it was extra bumpy because we were hauling booty to make up time, but by the time Lacey & I ate our dessert, it was all we could do to make it back to the cabin, take some severe congestion Tylenol for our massive sick headaches, and call it a night.  At 7 pm.  We party hard.  The time changed constantly and I was forever changing my watch, and Lacey’s ipad wouldn’t change automatically, so in the middle of the night, on our sick-filled slumber, when I roused enough to ask Lacey what time it was, she said,  “My Ipad says 2, so it’s either 1 or 3.”   Day one at sea was complete.

Woke up Monday and it was a new day.  Our headaches had lessened, they should after sleeping like 24 hours the day before.  We ate breakfast, studied the Princess Patter (all the ship activities) and mapped out our day.   Frozen on the big screen above the swimming pool, had us for 2 hours first thing. 

 It was still pretty chilly with no sun, sowhile watching FROZEN, I became FROZEN as I bundled in towels and long sleeve shirt and watched the movie.  We have been careful to only use our bathroom facilities, due to Uncle Noro being on the ship, so we skipped back to the cabin after the movie (Lacey seriously has a micro-bladder, and mine is just so unreliable) and I opted to rest out of the cold.  Lacey slapped on her swimsuit and told me she was going to adult pool in the back of the ship.  I bid her good riddance, and proceeded to watch Say Anything on tv and take, yet, another nap.  She came back in about an hour and a half telling me how hot it was and she was so glad there was a breeze, and I’m like, “SAY WHAT?  HOT??” and slipping on my swimsuit and following her outside,  Mexican Nirvana.  FINALLY, some heat.  It’s snowing in Oklahoma and we have hit heat. 

 Sticking to the schedule my game playing daughter wanted to hit the “Scattegories” game on Promenade deck, so off we went.  Some british girl was leading the game, had NO idea how to play it, and teamed us all up in groups of 4-6 and READ the categories.  Our first letter was H, and she pronounced it “Haych”  not “Aych” the American way, but “Haych”.  After one game of “Haych”, we slipped out the back, and headed to the Lido deck for more fun and entertainment with fruit carving. 




 Then we slipped on down and watched the string quartet,


followed by horse racing (wooden horses on a twister board).  We are living the dream, people.  
It all is actually quite fun, and the food, well, the food is just the icing on the cake. 


 On the second night for dinner,  Lacey selected pineapples and prickly pears soaked in tequila.  (“I like fruit”)   After her sixth pineapple, she looked over at me, and said, “I can’t feel my tongue”.  Snockered on her fruit, that’s my girl.  The dessert was some rhubarb pastry heaven on earth with nectarine ice cream.  I can die happy now. 




 Our waitress at dinner loves Lacey and when we had our plate of steak and two carrots and a piece of asparagus, Lacey asked her if she could just have some vegetables.  The 2nd night, the waitress told Lacey, “There isn’t much vegetable with this either, you want me bring you more?” Said in her Ukraine accent.  THEN, when Ms. High maintenance got her chocolate mousse heart brownie for dessert, and asked the waitress if there was anyway she could get a big ole spoon of peanut butter with it..and the waitress was like, “Peanut butter?” and my girl answered,  “YES! My grammie loves choc and peanut butter and that’s how I eat it”….in 2 minutes she had a bowl of peanut butter in front of her.  For.the.love.

Of course all these random items made for an intense gastric overload, and Lacey ended up most of the HOBBIT  (Movie under the stars for Tuesday) in “El BANO”, and as she came back for thefinal 30 minutes, and I asked her if Uncle Noro was visiting, and she replied back, “No, I had a tequila pineapples and a bowlful of peanut butter“, so When Bilbo looks at the dragon attacking that village and whispers to himself, “What have WE DONE?”  Lacey looked at the screen and said,  “Lost two hours of our life, that’s what we’ve done”.   And on that note, we headed to bed.

Puerta Vallarta tomorrow!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment