Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fog and more fog...week three and four

I thought I had kicked it in the face.  After arriving home from Texas late on Sunday, and struggling through the entire week in an exhausted/grieving fog, I hit Friday and started feeling like the fog was lifting.

I was so relieved.

I busied myself with Hallie's volleyball tournament, and Kannon's golf tournament, and just put the grief in the past...where it belongs.

Then all week went by, and I was dragging, dragging, more pain, thinking of Laynie, missing Laynie, seeing pictures of Austin, missing Austin...

Seeing his precious parents this weekend, and being "On", so I could love them and comfort them, and make them laugh and feel ok.

Then........crash, bang, boom.....sadness enters.

I remember in "The Shack", how the man describes his daughter's death, as "The Great Sadness".  It really does sum it up.

But the promise that is given, is that you are never alone in your pain.  Yes, you are going to hurt, and yes, you are going to grieve, but the promise and beauty of it all, is...

You are Never Alone.

He is there to comfort and hold you, and as I felt so utterly lost today, I still felt God with me every second.  He brought goofy dentists and hygienists through my path, to make me crack up at them.  He let me work with a wonderful friend, and KLOVE kept me lifted at my desk, when nothing else makes sense.

One foot in front of the other.  Breathing in and out.  Knowing that there is a big plan that will be revealed to us, and that peace is right there, for the taking.

And of course....this picture that Lacey put on Laynie's page about 3:00, which started my heart beating again.



  And this one, which made me laugh out loud, at Austin's "fro" head, which he was so proud!


Life is a gift.  Not a pleasure cruise.  Use it wisely, for when it is done, how will you be remembered?



No comments:

Post a Comment