Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Perfect Conditions

You all know I've been waiting to get my fosters for a bit now.  I rushed training so I could get them in the house before school started, so they could feel "Normal".

Today, I was given an "option", if you will.  It was put in my head, about a disabled 3 year old, that needs a foster family.  My first reaction was  "A BABY?" "A 3 year old?"  What? What? w h a t ?  and a BOY?  a BOY?  a b.o.y.?

Then I paused and thought about it.  Why not?

We went in this at the beginning thinking we'd get someone in here for Hallie.  Someone she could love and hang with and be "friends and sisters" with.  Then we got past that, and realized we are in it for more than just us, and our convenience, and what we want.  So we opened that invitation up to 2 girls, specific ages, and blah blah blah.   We were "opening ourselves up".

We thought.

Then today, the thought got to flash through my brain that there are other types of children out there.  Namely, boys.  Also, disabled children.

So, in true Lacey fashion, I pulled out my notepad, and started making MY list.  What I thought could fit, what would work, what was 'important".

Bahahahahahaha.

I grabbed my bible, and closed my eyes, and uttered, "God show me your will".....and I turned to this...


Yes, God. I hear you.  So I am opening up my home for whomever God sends.  I will not put a condition on it.  I will receive, with gladness, and an open heart....who He sends us.  

For He is good, and He knows my plan.  

Let's do it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment