Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A new Man in my life

My heart has been stolen.

Taken.

Gone.

My placement officer called me yesterday, and told me about a 7 year old currently staying in Children's Center in Bethany.  She wanted me to come and "meet him".  I agreed.

He was preciousness in a shirt.  His grandma and grandpa live in Tulsa, and they can't take care of him, and because of his high needs, he is here.

I want my Tulsa friends to network with their friends, and their friends, and their friends, and find Mr. Hugs a home.

I took Lacey with me, and the first thing he said to her was "Hug", so he is forever dubbed Mr. Hugs to us.  He has some special needs issues, and is in a wheelchair (a little one), but don't think for a minute that will stop him.  He is lightning speed, and so very very smart.

Probably too smart for this old chicken.

So, I am putting out the word that our Mr. Hugs needs a foster home in Tulsa.  All my Tulsa friends....talk amongst yourselves, and your friends and help me get him to Tulsa.

Meanwhile, I am courting an almost 3 year old boy.  He informed me he was eating "Gilled Cheese" and I needed to go "Bye Bye".  Little stinker had me at "Gilled Cheese".

I'm praying that God finds him a way to my house.  I think I like short men.  Really short men in tiny little wheelchairs.  I'm weird that way.

I'm naming him Dimples.  Because in my blogs I can't give names, or PICTURES, which is going to kill me, because as I get these little lovelies, I am going to want to share their lives and stories with you.  But NO.  Privacy and all that.   Pffft. .  Privacy.   Totally overrated.

Let's hurry up and wait.  Systems.  Pfffft.


1 comment:

  1. Why in the World are you such an amazing woman? Thank you so much for blessing me every time you "open your mouth" with your blog or on Facebook. You have a heart of Gold and if I could do what you are doing right now, I would be the home for many of the kiddos you are helping. I can not help so I will do my best to try to find something with some people I know in Tulsa. I am praying for you . Thank you for inspiring me every day. You truly are a blessing for anyone that you meet.

    ReplyDelete