Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

So many things to love about it...

I have this picture in my bedroom, so I can see it every single day.  You may wonder, because I have so many awesome pictures to choose from, why I have chosen this one to be in my constant view. 

Because there are so many stinking things to love about it. 

Lacey had bought her these new pj's.  She was totally in love with them.  She would sit and stare at them for many many minutes, and it would take serious intervention to get her to be less enthralled with them.  She LOVED her jammies. 

Second..... what can't you not love about that little bald head?  Even after 2 years, she had very very little hair...Carl went to pluck a long weird stray one out of her head, and Lacey jumped in, yelling..."DAD, it took her 2 years to grow that....you leave it alone!"  Maybe 20 little hairs cascaded from that bald head.... she totally rocked that bald look.

Third...that little buddha belly.  That was yogurt everyday at 4, and a huge bowl of cream of wheat every morning... along with lunch and dinner.  Kid was an eater....of just what she loved though.  Sometimes I wonder while she was looking at her pj's...if she may have thought..."Where in the love did THIS come from?"   I find myself thinking that about my own buddha belly almost daily.

Fourth, the fact that she is sitting pretty much independently.  Her dad has her in place on his lap, but for the most part she is set and secure and really thinking on the belly and hearts thing.

Wait, let me put it back in here again so I can finish.

Fifth....those little backwards feet.  How proud we were of her that she had them that far around, mostly on her own.  They were sweet and weird and squishy and we loved them so much.  Cutting toenails was never the funnest thing Lacey did (I never had to do it, because of my old stinky eyes), but she had some teeny tiny lil pigs....cutest feet ever.  Sandy Murphy will tell you those little feet were her favorite part of Laynie.  "Those sweet little feet"  she'd say.... Love you Sandy! 

Sixth and best of all... the icing on the cake for me....are her soft little rolly chunky arms.  Normally, Laynie would keep her hands close to her face, as a sense of security.  You knew she was totally relaxed and at peace when her little arms would rest in her lap.  You were granted the highest honor of total trust and relaxation when she assumed this arm position.  

In this picture, she is at her most peaceful, relaxed and I just love it. 

There's nothing about her that wasn't absolutely wonderful, and I miss her everyday and know that she is waiting for me and that will be a glorious day when my sweet girl comes runnin', runnin', runnin' to her Lolly.

One more time. 


You're smiling.   Admit it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment