Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Antics

I wish I had thought of this last night as I was scrolling through a hundred cute pictures.  I kept ooh'in and aah'in, and was just enthralled by the cuteness. 

I'm not a big Halloween fan.  My kids will tell you, I am a Bah Humbug Halloweenie.  Just don't see the point.  If I want candy, I'll go buy a bag.  I don't understand why you have to go get the bejeebers scared out of you at some houses to score some candy.  Another great mystery.

Here's probably why I don't adore Halloween.....

Now my brother looks jaunty in his pilot outfit, and our neighbor Sam looks pretty whacked as a torn up zombie pirate clown, but what did I try to prove??  I have on a 25cent Ben Franklin mask with yellow hair and a really big sweatshirt...  Wow.  I have to tell you, that was back in the day when you CREATED your own costume, you didn't go buy one  (except for quarter masks at Ben Franklins).  You can tell my brother and Sam were into it.  Brian scored mom's ace bandages and wrapped his pant legs and Sam just, well, got jiggy with his mom's white makeup and red lipstick.  Wow.


Now, about 20 years later.... this is what I did for my kids....
Not too bad, right?? 

Then 20 years later, Lacey had this one...

And all the sudden I'm interested in Halloween.   Funny how grandkids change your attitudes. 

Here's some of my favorites from my perusal through facebook last night....and if I missed you, please don't be sad.... By the time I thought of this all the posts were 100 pages in, and I could no more remember all the good ones for the man in the moon (due to my new improved short term memory loss)....so here they are.. in no particular order.....


The Stemmons family channeled their inner Winnie the Pooh, and did spectacular. 

Sara and Justen Chilcoat's twins, Avery & Kennedy rocked my socks off in their shark suits...and their "Water Wagon".... adorable...


Lawson, son of Haley & Daryl Bordeaux was totally in control of his candy bag... Good goin' sheriff!

My great niece's Makayla rocked her diva outfit..

Malia and Jonah were Ariel and Sebastian (Don't you just want to squeeze him??) ... kids of Free & Eric Jordan..

Paisley & Parker, kids of Amanda & Shawn Ramsey rocked their superhero capes...

Tegan was the cutest owl ever....daughter of Cale & Kaitlyn Young, granddaughter of Pidge, Janis Young

Rider & Sutton, Kelsey & Chad Bennett's dogs, Shelley Wall's granddogs rocked their OSU jerseys. (Rder being a linebacker, and Sutton more of a tight end, says their grandma)

Kannon, son of Kelli & Zach Foster was the sweetest puppy I've ever seen, and I especially love his cars candy pail...

Proudest grandpa award goes to Joe Smith, and his precious grands....just too cute for words... even has a place to take pictures.... Brilliant.
This little lady has held my heart from the time she was born and this was her first Halloween 4 years ago. (or was it 5?  I lose count, but she was the most precious Abby Cadabby to ever be seen)

and she still rocks my world as Little Bo Peep
who now is accompanied by her younger "sheep" aka Saylor Jae
And here they are with their cousin Lana...  daughters of Matt & Jessi Sutterfield...
Can I hear an AMEN...how adorable??

Now I wasn't disappointed in the adults joining in the Halloween parade, either....
It never takes much of an occasion to get my friend Becky Singleton rocking a hip outfit...Halloween is just another day at the office.....  Good job, Beck.


My cousins, Shannon & Mike win the "Hottest Couple" award ... 

I think Buffy stays  home way too much.  Good job, sister.

BUT the COSTUME award of the Year (Maybe the century) goes to my daughter, Hallie.  I would like to say that I came up with both of these marvelous ideas, but no....these are originals from her own brain.

Last year....
She was an aquarium (note the snorkel set by her head), and the Finding Nemo Happy meals toys hanging in the box on fishing line (of course), lit up by 2 flashlights that she taped inside the box.  It was a huge bit of brilliant.  Almost every single house we stopped at, either took a picture or yelled for other people to come and see.  It was almost like hauling a celebrity around.  Maddy went as GaGa, so we were too cool for school  (fish school that is)

Then this year, when I didn't think she could outdo the aquarium.....enter....

She was a facebook page....
and maybe wins the "Best use of popsicle sticks"  EVER!  Note how she makes it go into her pocket AND stick in her belt loop for stability.  Genius.


She urged her friends to write on her wall and she would "Use them" on her costume...


Kid had 12 notifications.  Not too bad for a costume.  

Too bad her mom didn't have facebook. 



No comments:

Post a Comment