Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Quakenadoes -- just another day in Rocklahoma

This has been a super fantastically funky year for weather here in Oklahoma. 

First we had Snowmaggedon.  It snowed and snowed and snowed and snowed and snowed.  It was awesome. 

Then we had tornado season.  We're used to that, expect that, but it still isn't very much fun.  Even spent some quality time in a very dismal, stinky, bug/snake infested cellar at the funeral home.  I took that tornado warning seriously.  Came out of that deal with black lung from the stench in that cellar.  Won't do that again.

THEN, we had a MICROBurst.  I had a yard filled with 5 inches of hail.  and no fence.  and a claim for a new roof.  and a broken mirror on kip's car.  It was CRAZY. 

Then we had the dog days of summer.   Like 61 days of 100+ degrees in a row.  61 days.  I didn't have to mow my back yard one time this summer.  No grass.  No rain.  Just heat, and more heat and even more heat.  Crazy.

All during this time we are suffering from the worst case of drought our state has ever known.  We are almost daily in a burn ban situation.  No rain.  No moisture.  Just heat and drought. 

THEN, when I am praising the LORD for fall FINALLY getting here (In November, mind you), we have an earthquake.  Not one, Not two, but THREE of those suckers in less than 3 days. 

I was heard at work telling people  "Give me a TORNADO ANYTIME over an earthquake... you can totally get out of the way, and have some warning".     Well.

Never say things like that out loud.  Use your filter at all times.  Because we had tornadoes IN NOVEMBER last night, and because the King of Earthquakes wasn't going to be outdone, we had a slight tremor DURING the tornado warning. 

Oh, and let's not forget the ASTEROID that will be zooming past earth today, and you can view it from Oklahoma at 5:38. 

That's enough to make a sane woman go screaming into the woods. 

Here's what I know....

(borrowed from Kim Winsett's facebook page.... and my holy bible)

And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great. (Revelation 16:18 KJV)

So many people have written in their status today "Oh brother....", it makes me sad and anxious for them.  Understand there will be an end of time.  That has been preached at me since I was in diapers.  I used to stand in fear of it.  Now I stand in awe of it.  I stand in anticipation of it. 

Even if it's NOT the end of time.....don't you think you need to take a good look at where you are and who you are and SEE if today were the last day.... If the earth shook and the LORD appeared...WOULD YOU BE READY?  Could you say.... "I did EVERYTHING I could for you Lord, I am YOURS."

Makes me sad to realize that so many will be left behind.  It's not going to be from my lack of trying though.  Or my lack of sharing what I believe.   Will you join me?   Share your faith with one person today.  If you can't share your faith....share Laynie's story.  Share her life and tell someone that through a tiny life on earth, you saw God, and His goodness.   Use our story, until you get your own.

Matthew 24:
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

I'm not trying to be "Fatalistic Franny"  ....  I just want all my friends beside me when my Lord comes.

Because He IS coming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment