Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Sunday, June 26, 2011

On being a branch...



It is no secret I love my church.  Since the very first time I stepped through the doors about 7 years ago, I've been a "Lifer".  At first I was a "consumer", always there, but never participating in the "serving" portion.  It was only when I became a "contributor", and started serving in Lifekids, did the church become "My church".  It is a one of a kind feeling.  Sometimes that feeling is overwhelming when you have 18 2 year olds demanding attention all at once, and I had more snot on my shirt, than I did in my nose, but, seriously, plugging in and being "Part" is the only way to go.

When we started attending Lifechurch years ago, we drove from Midwest City to Oklahoma City campus, and upon meeting Craig (one of our first visits), he heard where we were from and announced to us  "Oh, I have BIG plans for MWC".... and after attending my first service in Midwest City today, Craig is so right.

If you haven't attended Lifechurch, then you might not know about us.  We have 15 campuses that you can attend.  If you are in South OKC, Yukon, NW OKC, OKC, Edmond, Tulsa, Bixby, Owasso, or in Tennessee, New York, Florida and Texas, we have a campus for you.   Now, if you aren't in one of those places, then we still have a campus for you, and you are staring at it right now.  Yep, online.  THat is how "Cool" we are.   And there is a time to fit any schedule.  Saturday at 5:00 and 6:30, and Sundays at 8:30, 10:00, 11:30 and 1:00, and a Sunday service at 6:00.  So there is no excuse.  Unless you are handcuffed to a chair, being held at gunpoint, there is a service that fits your time schedule. 

Today's message, at the new campus, and I am happy to say that both services are PACKED, so I have to think that a 3rd service is right around the corner.... was about REMAINing. 

I have talked about this so much in a few of my past blogs, I feel like I am beating a dead horse, but I can't believe how easy life is, when you are "REMAINING' in Christ.  You are so connected, so part of a plan, so firmly dwelling, that a lot of this daily living stuff, that used to overwhelm me, seems kind of...well.... lame.  The stuff I used to worry about.... holy smokes, I wasted more of my precious time worrying about stuff that didn't happen that the time I could have been "Being a branch", I blew.

I've made a lot of terrible mistakes in my life, and when I look back on all of them, it's because I wasn't "Connected" to the vine.  I was so far from God's plan for me.  It's easy to be swayed to do the wrong thing, to choose the wrong path, when you aren't connected to the vine.  I like being a branch that lives a healthy, full, loving life.   And it comes much easier, when the vine is near your heart and soul.

Can you tell I love church?  It was so fun seeing so many familiar faces.  The drive is always really fun too.  Some of the profound statements made this morning, supplied by Kip... "It really takes longer (to get to church) when you hit all  the red lights."   (uhm, ya think?)  and Hallie, chimed in to add, after discussing the temperature and how it was still 100 degrees at midnight last night....  "Does it cool down at night, you think, because there is no sun?"...  (wow, kudos to her teachers).    And then when we get to church..... so many familiar happy faces.   All those branches, waving to you, welcoming you in to the fold.... that's what I am talking about.   Church that makes you leave changed.   Every. Single.  Time.  

God is good..... you are all invited.....

No comments:

Post a Comment