Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Meanwhile at West Point

I have been learning so much in this military journey we are on.  

West Point allows cadets two years to decide if this life is for them.  Basically a "Trial Run" if you will.  

The first week of their junior year they have to "Affirm" their commitment to the Army and basically give two more years of their life at the academy and then commit 5 years of service, after they graduate.  

The week leading up to affirmation was grueling for Hallie, I'm not going to lie.  The devil attacked her from all directions, and we had to quote scriptures and pray without ceasing for her that entire week.  

Affirmation was a closed event and I got sketchy pictures throughout the evening, basically stealing from everyone.

Waiting to affirm their commitment.



I found this on Delta Battery's instagram page.  Forever the photographer.  Dang she is skinny, has lost about 30 pounds.  

The neat coin they got 

This summer, the squad she led.  

Someone asked me about the pin Hallie is wearing in her picture with Nick.  That's her National Defense Medal that Lacey pinned on her during Plebe Parent Weekend.  She poo-poo's it like it's a "Participation Medal" that "Everyone" gets, and I'm like.   Well I know about 357 million people in the united states that DON'T have one.   Well I don't "know" them, but you know what I mean.

I'm so proud of this girl.  She is fearlessly letting God lead her through this journey.  She called me with plans to do scuba (what?), join the bowling team (LOLOLOLOL), and is doing Combative Fighting this 6 weeks, and being down in weight, they can flip her like a pancake.  She still has a lot of strength in her legs so she is counting on that to keep her doing well.  She had to fight a dude that outweighed her about 50 pounds, and managed to get her leg around him and flip him over.   ("it was not much fun fighting that guy with his junk all up in my face")  BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  


This gorgeous girl is halfway through her journey at West Point.  


I know she has had her challenges (SO MANY CHALLENGES) but she is truly my hero.  She attempts to be a light and a positive influence and I'm so proud of her and the path she is forging for herself.  

I'm going to sneak out to NYC next weekend, (over Labor Day) and go see her.  She's about to be 21 and I can't.even.handle.the.thought.of.my.baby.being.21.    For the Love. 


People.  Don't blink.  Your babies grow up and become leaders in the military.  I just can't handle all the things.  

Plebe year.  


Gorgeous girl with her best friend Nick.  

Everyone continue to pray for this girl and her journey.  She's bowling, fighting, studying, and taking it one day at a time.   I'm so proud of her and love her to the moon and beyond.  

No comments:

Post a Comment