Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Update on the Gram

For those of you that have been following and wondering about "Super Gram" I thought I would quickly update on my blog.

On Jan 5, she had 4 rods and 20 screws placed on her spine for a last ditch effort to alleviate her degenerative scoliosis.  She spent one night in ICU, and her night nurse was family friend, Matt Roy, so God was smiling down all over us that night.

2nd day she was still stoned on anesthesia and good drugs, so they mistakenly thought she was ready to move out on the floor.

It.was.a.nightmare.

She slept for basically 5 days.  She remembers nothing of that week.  And that's great and not so great.

Then we moved her across the highway to the REHAB hospital and that's where it gets interesting.

First, she has to start walking.   Whoa.  And pain meds have to be regulated, and she needs to start plugging back into reality.

It's been interesting to say the least.

Today, she is doing better.  Now she wheels to the dining area and eats with everyone else, and does PT and OT, and I'm really amazed at how well she is doing.

We are hoping to bring her home on the 25th.  That's the red circle on her calendar in her room.

We feel so blessed and felt every single prayer.  I have never been so thankful as I have been over the past couple of weeks, when I asked for prayers, I immediately felt them.

And I know mom did too.

We still have a long way to go, but I am proud of her recovery.  Keep praying and know we appreciate every single one of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment