Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Volleyball Fever

I have two posts to share tonight, because looking through my old posts, I realized I never blogged OK Premier's regional win. 

We had a pretty spectacular year. 


It seemed like everytime we went somewhere to earn a bid to Nationals, someone was hurt or sick.  So pretty much all year, we haven't had our girls be able to show their stuff.

Until regionals in Tulsa first weekend of May.

We went into the tournament ranked 2nd overall, and that's a pretty exciting honor right there.  It's a two day tournament (48 teams in our 15's bracket) and I am happy to tell you that these girls went undefeated ALL.WEEKEND.  Didn't drop one set to ANYONE.  Just came to clean house, and boy, did they.

If you have 9 minutes, you might want to watch this video I put together of the finals we played against the #1 seed, Club One Black from Tulsa.

It's good stuff....

So in winning this tournament, this means we earned a bid to Minneapolis, Minnesota to the Nationals Division (there are 3 divisions, Nationals, Open and USA) at the Nationals volleyball tournament.  This is HUGE.   People, 2 years ago I didn't even know why that girl in the back row wore a different color shirt (thought she was captain or something).  Now we are going to Nationals!

So MUCH TALENT ON THIS TEAM, it's just stupid.  Here is the link to their website
OK Premier Website if you are thinking you want to get your children involved in volleyball, this is a great place to put them. 

This weekend, the girls traveled to Topeka, KS to play a 2 day pool tournament (no brackets, no winners) for just basically an intense practice against other teams in other divisions going to Nationals in two weeks.  We played 16 year old teams, 17 year old teams, 15 year old Open division teams, just crayyyyzzzyyyy.  The girls did great, winning 4 of 8 of their games.  That's amazing, considering we just wanted to show up and do our best.  These teams are the top of the top, and WOW, what an honor to play them and get some good insight of what Nationals will look like. 

I didn't get to go, because we had Kip and Brandon's Oklahoma Reception (see next blog), so Hal traveled with Christie and Abbey Woodrow and Christie seriously text me every point the first day until I told her ONLY ENDING SCORES, I AM DYING.  Laura Thompson (Lexi's mom) kept me in the loop with texts like,  "Hallie for the kill and win" and "Kill from Hallie.  Ball went two courts over".   I seriously love my volleyball moms. 

So tomorrow, the parentals are suppose to bring their game and take on the girls from 5-6 at practice.  I guess we need to be even more dominated by our nearly 16 year old children than we already are.  We already sit, sweating on the passenger side, with almost all of these ladies, let's let them wipe the floor up with us in an exhibition.  I, for one, will have on my tennis shoes and stand at the net, facing my much taller baby, and try to school her in her sport.  I think to keep her humble, though, I shall make her try to go sell a funeral for me, and see that everyone has their own special talent. 

Aww, this is the life. 

Corey & Sammi came up to watch Hallie in Tulsa, and Corey didn't get the memo that this was a serious picture.  LOL

I especially love this picture because it shows how ridiculously high that big kid can jump.

Actually, this is even more ridiculous. 
Tyler and Lacey came to cheer on their younger sis, and Tyler braved the freezing gyms in his redneck shirt.  It was AWESOME.
Also, his very loud, projecting voice would help bolster Hal into another level.  I love that about him.

Here's one more of her very enthusiastic fan club.  Very proud of this young lady!!!

Very excited about driving to Minnesota (cough, cough, cough) to watch the girls play, and I can't wait to get my yell on in two weeks!!!

GOOOOOOO DIAMONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!   WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment