Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Join me on a double date....


If you've followed my blog for awhile, you know that I have a ridiculously serious crush on Rick Mitchell, KOCO weatherman and Children's Hospital Foundation "Go-To" guy when it comes to having a public figure be in front of the camera.  He is the man.

He's been my fake boyfriend for about 3 years.  

And I haven't ever done anything about it, until today.  Today was the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals Telethon and I decided to be brave and tell Rick my intentions.  or feelings..  or ..or... say hi.


I wasn't really brave at first.

But it didn't take me long to step it up.



But when he interviewed Lacey about the Wings to Fly Run and he was twelve inches away from my daughter, and had bonded well.... I made my move.


After all, he was sitting RIGHT next to my daughter.  Right?  That makes us practically family.


So I introduced myself....



And I'm pretty sure I had him at "Hello"..



I handled him with my calm and confident manner that I always do when meeting a male for the first time....

and we became best of buds.  




I'm pretty sure he has never been so happy to be anyone's fake boyfriend in his life.  


By the time he interviewed Zac & Kelli and Kannon, the deal was sealed and we were in it for the long haul..  


What a great day.... and look at that over $1million for CMN in 2011.  That's amazing.  

Almost amazing as my fake boyfriend.





God is so good, all the time.  :)







3 comments:

  1. He's the best fake boyfriend ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a treasure. So glad you had a chance to be with your fake boyfriend. Love the pictures.
    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Laura, you are a joy to this world. You really are. I'm in stitches.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete