Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Eat Pray LovemesomeBeach Haiti 2012 Day 7

Good News BEACH DAY.

Not so great news... I slept like crapadangdoodle.  I came back from ministry on Thursday and the mosquito netting cord had found it's way into my fan and burned up my motor.  (Yes, THIS is Worse than the RIOT in my mind).  I seriously didn't know what I was going to do, so I went down to the Mission's version of Walmart (which is really just a storage room full of stuff all the people leave when they go home.  A plethora of suntan lotion, toilet paper, sheets, tampons, bug spray, and a tub full of fans.) which of course, were totally picked over.  All but one lousy broken jacked up pathetic piece of crap that I confiscated and used.  First of all, it was supposed to have a base, and did not have one.  So when plugged in, it vibrated like a fish out of water, and just jumped around on the ground.  But, it was a fan, It Produced Air, It Would Work.

I crammed it between my bedframe and the wall and shoved a pillow behind it for cushion and gave it a whirl.  It vibrated off the bed in about 5 minutes.  I shoved the pillow tighter.  It stayed, but then it vibrated the bed so bad, it felt like I had mosquitoes crawling all up on me.  So I reached up and unplugged it, and in doing that hurled it to the floor, where it crashed and all the other 12 people in my room were so happy with me.  Then I turned over to get closer to the window and my sweet supportive never leave my side, except to help my sick daughter $2 fan fell off my neck and went between the bed and the wall and fell to the floor beside my sleeping (ha) bedmate below.  I really didn't know her, so I was pretty sure she wouldn't want my sweaty pissed off self hovering over her trying to find my fan on the other side of her bed.  So. I. Was. Stuck.  I found a tiny 4 inch fan someone had left because seriously it felt like someone was blowing on me, and not putting any effort into it.  I aimed it at my core and fell asleep until the cock a doodle doo came rolling in our room.  Praise the Lord let's get up.  I don't even care that it's 4:45.

LET"S GO TO THE BEACH!  We were all so drained from the week, that ALL of us were looking forward to some beach time, and boy we weren't disappointed.  As soon as we got there the "Businessmen" with their baskets and boats flocked us and wanted us to buy necklaces, bracelets  "Come on, you buy from me, please help my family".  Oh geez.  All I wanted was to read my book and drink a cold coke.  Don't burden me with your family.  Oy.  Hallie caved and bought two and then I just glared and they never came back.  Lacey must have said ocean 2,344,092 times.  "I'm in the ocean."  "Look, my arms are in the ocean"  "I can see the bottom of the ocean"   "The ocean is in my eyes"  "You're in the ocean"  "We are all in the ocean"  and she drawled it out  "Oohhhh.sssshhhin"  Oh my goodness.

I'm in the "Ocean" ...











It was paradise.  I got to play on facebook for awhile, and hoped to catch Kip on.  First time the whole year I went a week without talking to her.  (except for China, month 2 and we won't even go there), so I was missing my Kipster.  But had fun playing on Facebook.  and hanging by the pool, and generally lounging.  

We missed Kip so much we spelled out her name with our arms.  We are weird like that.  Good thing her name's not Celeste or something.


I don't know what kind of mutant chicken it had to have been to put off those kind of legs, but Hallie was happy and after eating poptarts all week, I was glad to see her eat it.  


Best french fries, oh my cow.

I love this picture of Austin and Kellie, reading Craig Groeschel's books.  They could totally be a commercial for him.  

What a restful peaceful day..... I love all these people.  What an experience. 











No comments:

Post a Comment