Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Ask, Believe, Receive (and I before E except after C)

Just got an email from my new bestie, Linda Catania at OCS, my new favorite school in the universe of america. 

I dropped by her office to visit with her this morning after I went into the office to work on Gina bo Bina's schedule.

Let me just tell you.

I have never been around more educators that are dedicated to helping children.  It's something I have never experienced during the three children I raised and grew up.  I mean, there were good teachers, but there were really more bad than good and I have to tell you....NOTHING but positive experiences going into week 3 of OCS. 

Gina came off an IEP, and she has been working independently at her last public schools (with just a few co-taught classes in math, bless her, she is like her mama) and at OCS they have a Lab class that basically helps them with all the classes.   If you are from SHS and graduated with me, think of Jan Frichot.  She would have taught this class. 

So after some schedule shuffling, we got bo bina into the Lab (i call it the LAB OF SUCCESS) and she is going to rock and roll.   The basketball coach is after her too, so she will be playing some basketball and if you all remember the early days,  she is full out exuberant in the playing, and I really cannot wait to see this. 

Then I met with Steven's lab teacher,  (I'm starting him in there this first year to help him gain more confidence with his reading and comprehension--remember these Vietnamese kids barely spoke english when I got them) and small world...she knew Lacey.....and Laynie.   Now me.....and Steven...

We cried together over Laynie and bonded and it was just ALL THE FEELS, people.

Then that's when I hopped over to Linda Catania's office because I needed to go get signed up for payments for the lab.  It costs for the year and I was happy to pay because of the HUGE BLESSING I had received from BILL JUNK just the week before in the form of the WHOLE TUITION PAID!

Behind the scene fact:  When I tithed, day before, after getting paid, and it being woefully small (the check that is)...I just said, "Lord bless us" and gave my 10%.   Always.   Without fail.   No matter how short I am, God always gets paid first.   It's my rule I live and die by. 

So.... I'm getting all the food I have out of the freezer to figure out the meals for the week (SSSTTTRREEETCCCCHHHIIINNNNGGGGG the food, lol) and my phone dings with an email. 

Linda Catania has emailed me and told me that someone anonymously paid Steven's lab fee today, and now all I have is Gina's monthly payment. 

WELL SLAP MY FACE AND CALL ME SHIRLEY. 

I just started laughing and crying and snorting and it got ugly in a hurry. 


It's just so much.  to.  take.  in.   sometimes. 


Thank you Jesus for your mercy and abundant grace.   This year is one for the record books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment