Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

THE SECRET IS OUT!

I'm GOING to BE A LOLLY AGAIN!

Kip and Brandon are having a BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


My grandma heart overfloweth.

God is faithful.  These two have been trying for two years to have a baby, and on the eve of beginning fertility treatments, this angel baby from God is brought to the two most deserving people I know.

THE ONE TIME Brandon doesn't go to the doctor with her, she FINDS OUT SHE IS PG.  OF course.  Of course, she can't believe it, so the doc has to bring in the pregnancy test and show her.  She is still not believing it!

God is so faithful, friends.  Even in the waiting, the endless waiting, HE IS SO FAITHFUL.

So.

How she told everyone.  Pam (Brandon's mom) and I have been longing for this day since the day they got married.  I mean, WE ARE PUMPED.  (duh)

SO... she and Brandon drive up to Don & Pam's driveway and Brandon calls them and says, can you come outside, we want to show you something??


Screaming, whooping, tears, and that was just Don.  HAPPINESS IS A NEW GRANDBABY!

That stinker daughter of mine, KEPT IT FROM ME for a week, because she knew I was going to see her in Dallas when we went to see Hallie on A-Day!   (Ed. Note:  Yes, people, I have known this superb news for a while and my daughter has been teaching me the art of PATIENCE, never one of my top virtues, so PRAISE THE LORD, she has shared her news!)

As Lacey & I are arriving on the escalator, I see her at the top with her faithful video camera.  Me, thinking she is videoing us for HALLIE, am acting like a total dork wagon, in the big fat middle of the Dallas Love Field airport, and Lacey is yukking it up beside me.  Well Lacey is SOOO busy trying to "Out Dork" me, that she totally misses Kip unzipping her jacket to REVEAL THIS....


And when I stop and my mouth falls open and I'm like  "WHAT???? REALLY???"   Lacey, in total ignorant bliss echos,  "REALLY????"  still in full ACTING mode for "Hallie's video" and watches in disbelief as Kip and I run into each others arms and dissolve into tears together.   Lacey is standing there dumbfounded as the Least-emotional two females of the family, are boohooing in the big fat middle of the airport.  She grabs the video camera and says something like,  "Wow, We are doing this!"    STILL CLUELESS as HECK about the enormity of the moment.   Finally Kip and I step back from each other and I'm wiping my tears and Lacey says, "Wow, you guys were really happy to see each other" and I realize she is totally ignorant of what is happening.   I point at Kip's shirt and say,  "LACEY DEEANN, GET THERE FASTER" and as she looks at Kip's shirt, she FINALLY sees it, and we have another emotional meltdown in the middle of the airport.  

I put a subtle clue in my "A Day" blog, with this picture, and NO ONE saw it but Jessi Sutterfield, whom we called immediately from Dallas to share with her.

 If you look at Kip's phone you will see an ultrasound picture for us to ooh and ahh over.  More tears.

Both of my girls, are going to be mommies. Lacey, already one.  Kip, coming soon!   The. Very. Best Day. Ever.  


Our flight was delayed, and it was ALL GOOD because we TALKED AND TALKED and CRIED and Talked about it until we had hashed it all out.

Later that night as we were laying down and STILL TALKING ABOUT IT, Lacey threw out, "I am SO GLAD I came, I would HAVE Missed it",  to my total dry sarcastic return, "You kinda did".  We laughed until we went to sleep.

Good times.  

Then when Hallie found out, it was just precious as can be.   Take a look.....


There is NOTHING more wonderful than a GRANDBABY!  And friends, my cup runneth over.  

God is SO good.


No comments:

Post a Comment