Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

YOLO- Day 2 - Dog Cousins, Friend Cousins, and Cousin Cousins

Deaton slept remarkably well his first night in the pack n play at Auntie K's.

Or maybe it was the tylenol PM that made me think he slept well.

 I like to think that Brielle remembers me (my Granddaug).  She and I bonded before she moved to California.  She thinks she is a Great Dane Lapdog, so it's always super fun to have her lay all over when you when you sit on "Her" couch.

Auntie K tried to introduce Brielle to Deaton.  Neither one of them were impressed, at all.

 Auntie K got a new camera for Christmas, and some pretty cool lens, so she took a few of the most beautiful baby in the world and I just love them all so much, I couldn't pick just one.







He's over pictures at this point.  I like his face in this one.

 Come on DeeDee, ONE MORE....please, just for Auntie K?

 Well, OK.  But just one more.  
I call these shorts his "Man-Pris" because they were a bit long, but perfect for the walker/crawler to protect his knees.  We think they gave him built in swag.  

 Can I just touch the doggie, Lols?
 Did ANYONE see what the tiny human did?  He interrupted my squirrel look out.
Ok, cousin, I will help you look for squirrels. 

 

Lacey's good friend, sorority sister, roommate, friend cousin, ..drove up from San Francisco to see us.  It's always good to see our Lacy Lee.   They were reminiscing about the first day they met at UCO, and other than having the same name, Lacy Lee says "I'm from Coalgate" to which Lacey DeeAnn interjects, "I live on Crest!"   Instant bonding over toothpaste similarities.  

For some reason we thought it would be a great idea to take Deaton to the park at naptime.  He tried to have fun to make us happy, but mainly he just wanted to sleep.  Bubbles?  Nah,   Slide?  Nah,   Driving?   Nah..  Fun bells?  maybe....  We like how all his outside pics brings out his inner Elvis.  That lip can't help but snarl in the sun.   It's Grammie's blood running through his veins.
Total swag in his Lebron James high tops. 

 This is fu...zzzzzz........
 What do we do with these, Auntie K?
 I'm thinking this is fun?
 Auntie K sure thought it was fun!
 It's fun sitting on the bottom of the slide.....
 you think we are going down that????  Death grip on the wood.  
 Leave your glasses on, and drive us somewhere!
Oh now, these make noise, this is fun.  
After bidding adieu to Lacy Lee, so she could make her way back home, Deaton got his much needed nap.
Next on the agenda, over to my Aunt Nancy and Uncle Lavonne's house for bonding with the family and cousins....and to sit on my most favorite porch in the whole U S of A.  

 Kip likes candids, so Alison is mid sentence here.  
I just love these two.  They are my people.  

This is such a great picture.  I share Aunt Nancy's middle name.  I was born about the time she married into the family, so we've been around about the same amount of time.  (And, cough, that's a lot of time)  She still looks beautiful as ever.  
Because she is the Hostess with ALWAYS the Mostest, Deaton got his first birthday present a wee bit early.  Pretty sweet deal.  

 After a delicious dinner followed by chocolate sheet cake (PRAISE BE TO JESUS good!), we retired to the back porch to watch the littles play some soccer.  Deaton  must have said "Ball" about 200 times.  

 He is an outdoors kind of guy.
 Brandon, Ashlyn, Victoria and Ethan walked down into the area behind the house.  "Did you see any snakes?" Aunt Nancy asks.  All the sudden I was happy I didn't go on their adventure with them.  


 I love my mom's younger bubba.  He is just like my madre.  Only a guy.  Very fun.  

And these two?  Fuggetaboutit.  Can be apart a year plus, and still catch up right where we left off.  Families rock.  
Just missing Savannah in this picture, she is off training military dogs in Texas.  This group is a fun time waiting to happen.   Love my California family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment