Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, June 15, 2015

One month old.....what?

I haven't blogged in a while.

So much has happened.   My grandson, Deaton is here.

In fact, he's a month old.

  He has in a blink of an eye, gone from this precious little sleeping sac of yumminess.....


to this precious little dimpled ham.  He is loud, poops like a machine, eats like a lumberjack and has grown 3 pounds and 2 inches in 4 short weeks.



He is perfection. 

We got the wonderful pleasure of having him for 2 days, while his daddy went to a work retreat, and mommy didn't think she could do all nighters 2 days in a row.

After having that little cry bag, I have to agree.  If he is burped, full, and dry diapered, he is terrific.
If he is partially one of the above things, he is NOT a happy camper.  He doesn't like to be hot, swaddled in ANY way, and loves watching loud kids.  That works out, since I have 4 of those living with me.

Very fun.  Though I was so tired, I was cross eyed, the minute they left to go home, I started missing them.  He is just precious.

I've been putting a Daily Dose of Deaton  (DDoD) on Instagram, (when his mommy isn't too cross eyed to send me a daily pic) and I love these little drops of sunshine.  It's fun, it's exciting, and he really is the most precious grandson I have ever had.

Smile.

In all of this perfection, though, I have such a deep depression going on inside, and I can't pinpoint why or where it is coming from.  The kids are all doing good.  Baby is healthy.  Work is good.

I can't pinpoint it, but when I figure it out, I will share because I think it's real courage to share the hard with the good.

And the hard is kicking my butt right now.  I will figure it out though.  Because there is so much wonderful out there in my life.....I have to find it.  I think God's timing is perfect, and it will all be good. 


So glad Kip got to come home and meet Deaton.  I had such a sick headache in this pic, I don't even remember that day very much, but it looks like everyone had fun.  :)  
God is good, even through times of extreme worry and sadness, All the Time He is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment