Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Inside Out- My Review

Hallie and I took a mid-day break while sweating our faces off at the Universal Studios this past weekend, and found ourselves in the cool theatre, watching a little film called "Inside Out".

Lacey had seen it for her birthday, called it the "Most clever film ever", so I needed to see it for myself.

W.O.W.

I'm not going to say it didn't lag in a couple of places.....but for the most part.....

BRILLIANT.

Who thinks of these movies???

I urge you to go see it, your kids won't probably like it, because it's content is so clever and you really kind of need to be an adult to relate.....but DO NOT spend the money to see it in 3D.  And, it's even one that would be a good one to rent.

I for one, will be buying it, because it has soooo many quick witted one liners, that it's one I will enjoy again and again. 

The main point I took away from it was.... even though you would love only to experience JOY your whole life....sometimes sadness mixed with joy gives you the best kind of life. 

The dad "emotions" and the teenage boy "emotions" made me LOL, so just get ready.

It was really ironic that just that morning, Hallie had told me "Mom, you know, we were all so sad and disappointed in our regional loss....but without it, none of us would have been here, and we wouldn't have experienced all the incredible things we experienced here.  I met West Point and they want me, I played in the National Championships, on the computer TV,  and won a slick medal and we wouldn't have been here to play in the beach tournament and get a bid to go to the Junior Olympics in Hermosa Beach end of July!  Sometimes the hard stuff we don't understand, leads us to the very best things in our lives."

Whoa.  She's learning that at 16.  Every single  credit card I had to max out to take us, is worth it, to hear those words from my kid.  

Sometimes the Hard stuff we don't understand, leads us to the very best things in our lives. 

Sadness, mixed with Joy......it's what our lives are all about.  Embrace them all.


No comments:

Post a Comment