Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Did you say MOO?

When I found out that Lacey was all set to attend her first childbirth class by herself, because Tyler was out of town with the men of the church, I offered up my services.

I remember 30 short years ago, when my mama accompanied me to my first childbirth class, big and pregnant with Lacey, because her dad was on TDY in some other state. 

Memories.....

I remember sobbing to my mom, on the way to the car after that first class, slightly hysterical by the scenes still graphically in my mind....."I'm NOT doing this!!!!!   I'm going to become an Elephant, and carry this baby TWO years!"  

And my mom's calm, assured,  "Oh, you can do it".  

So, fast forward thirty years.  Lacey & I, walking in, clutching pillows to her very first childbirth class. 

This pregnancy so different from the last.  No classes, No nursery preparation.....this time, so much joy surrounding our days....building baby beds, buying bedding......all the things we so carefully avoided last time. 

But tonight.  I learned two things I did not know from my childbearing days. 

First off.   You can be 75 years old, and still manage to hook and marry a 50 year old.  True story.  Our spry little instructor, on introducing herself, made herself out to be a cougar, and by golly, the gal owned it. 

Secondly.   Mooing is relaxing. 

If you don't believe me, just try it. 

There is never a time I'm with my eldest child, that I don't laugh, cry, snort and have the perfect movie quote. 

Ever. 

And, her face, watching "The Video".....the whispered,  "I'm definitely having a c-section", to the ashen face, "Oh my gosh"...... to finally,  "I'm not going through that, I'll have an epidural". 

So funny, everything so precious to me......what an enjoyable evening with my silly. 

Tomorrow, our Kip will be home and Saturday we are going to celebrate with many friends and loved ones, the beautiful joy of a new little boy entering our lives.

How magnificent.

God is good, all the time.




No comments:

Post a Comment