Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas 2015

Christmas was just a huge success this year.  I had several people rally to help me gather gifts and good tidings for my tribe, (since December is my lean, horrendous month in sales) and boy did my friends come through.

Lacey (knowing my shortage of funds), asked me to write her a "love letter".  I wrote one in my head about a dozen times, and on my search of the attic for our Christmas "ortaments" (kip'ineese) I ran across Lacey's "Kid" box that I had all her handprints, school work, Jim Paul dance recital tshirts, baby shoes, etc, and lo, and behold, a little journal I had started for her shortly after Kip was born. 

I was a blogger, even before I knew what blogging was.  My life turned upside down in 1991, and I managed to write in her book from 1989-1991, and it had a few wonderful memories tucked in its' pages. 

I added a 2014 postlude to it, and wrapped it for my girl.

She was a mess.  To say it was a great success was an understatement. 

I love little surprises you find at the exact perfect second. 

She added pics to my wall of kids (in my hall), so now my wall hall of fame has expanded 100%.  I'm guessing I can't adopt anymore kids, or I need to get a bigger wall.




It was a great day.

 Steven cleaned up
 I had a dream of us all baking cookies and handing them out to the neighbors.  It was Hallie, who made 6 dozen sugar cookies, and I'm pretty sure 3 dozen of them are still in the kitchen as we speak.  Movies won out over neighborly love.  Well, I tried. 

 Bubba jumped on his reindeers and came from Edmond to hang with the slovenly, all we do is eat, family and this was Lacey's "Original Jackson" family picture.  Mom's worn that sweatshirt about 20 christmases now.  It's ok, I've worn that Yankees shirt for about 15, and I don't even watch baseball. 

 G-dog loved her stuff, and we had a fashion show of all her new clothes, she looked quite spiffy, I might add.

 Lacey & Hallie played Hannah Montana Mall Madness (a gift from Christmas past), and Tyler decided he needed in on the action, and beat them handily. (who knew he was such a mall shopper?)

 This little boy (with his fresh haircut) cleaned up on the toy end.  We aren't even sure how to play this toy, but he sure likes it.

 But really, in the end, all you need is a good set of reindeer ears to make the day complete.  And, oh, a really cute 5 year old vietnamese boy to wear them.

Deaton cleaned up.   He got several fun bibs, and some onesies, and the reese's butter cups may be for his mama, but he will benefit too.  You're welcome, grandson...already sending you candy in utero.   Love, Lolly.

Seriously, I can't even begin to tell you what a great day.  We watched good movies (The Hundred Foot Journey), intense movies (The Maze Runner),  RIDICULOUS movies (Guardians of the Galaxy), and ate 200 bowls of soup, 1000 sour gummies, and two bags of chips. 

It's a wonderful life.  It truly, surely is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment