Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, November 25, 2013

Growing old

I watched the American Music Awards last night.

It used to be a big night for me.  I loved to see all the rockers glam'd out and listen to the music.

Now, it just makes me tired.

And sad.

I watched it with Lovely, who took my side on all things ridiculous.

Lady GaGa,  "What she doing?" ..... Katy Perry,  "Why she being Chinese?"     to Rihanna,  "She look like a .....I can't say that word, Lolly".

And, yep,  I agree.

Hallie listens to mainstream music, but for the most part, the kids and I are Christian KLOVE'rs and proud of it.  Air1, when the fundraising drive is full force, but mostly KLove.  So most of the songs, last night, were new to me.

Now, I have heard of One Direction.  No one on the planet hasn't heard of these mop haired wonders.  I had no respect for them, and considered them a teen band.

Well, excuse me, I was so mistaken.  (except for the mop hair on a couple)


What a catchy, great tune, and these guys were nothing but class.  Very Very awesome.

Then more bump and grind, more sleaze, and wonder of all wonders, this happened, and I was blown away.



I'm not really sure why Christina continually rubs her hand on her face, I guess I would if I was that talented, just to reassure myself I really exist, and the bigger question is what is the dude standing by the piano doing?  Man candy?  Just there for looks?  Christina took his part?  These are questions I have no answers for, but WOW, what a song.  I get choked up every time I watch it.

 Then Miley Cyrus (whom I have seen in concert twice with my little Hannah Montana fan) ended the show with not only a flying kitten in the background, but it was singing as well. .  wearing what looked to be like, half of a swimsuit, and who wants to even guess what that debacle meant?  I'm saying, get you some clothes like Ariana Grande (who doesn't have to rely on gimmicks, she has such an amazing talent) and wail "The Climb" for me, Miley.   Please bring back the G rated Miley, she was much more interesting. 

And what in the world, giving Rihanna an Icon award??  WHAT?   Now Paul McCartney?  Steven Tyler?  but Rihanna?  Come on.   I have spices in my cabinet older than her. 

Ok, I'm done ranting.   At least I became a fan of One Direction out of the deal, and I don't know who that singer is for the "Great Big World", but he is so good, he might become my new fake boyfriend.

Keepin' it real, people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment