Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A lifetime of blessings

I'm going to shock the hair off a bunch of your heads.

Some of you aren't going to be surprised at all by my admission.

I'm still fairly in shock myself, though the blessings that have piled on me since my decision completely tend to overwhelm me.

Wait for it.......

Wait.....

...  well....

after intense prayer and soul searching, I've decided to adopt the lovelies.

Yes.

I haven't told them, I'm trying to think of a way to tell them at Christmas.  So don't be running up to them at church and EXCLAIM, "OH MY AREN"T YOU EXCITED"??

Just don't do that yet.  We still have a half a million miles to travel with the bio parents, and if a wonderful younger mom and dad couple decide they can't live without them, then I would gladly hand them to a worthy young mom and dad.

The unknown is too risky.  If they got separated, or even worse, fell into the wrong home, I would never be able to live through that.

Besides, it's just kids.  I've been raising kids about 29 years now, what's 14-15 (30)  more years?

I mean really, now?  So, I'm starting the process of adoption.  I don't know what it looks like, or how long it will take, or anything really. 

So, warriors, be in prayer for me.  The world doesn't understand this decision.  The world thinks I'm mental, and some days, I tend to walk that worldly way, and feel defeated and ridiculous.

I know this for sure...I have to find a bigger house.  I have to sell my house and find a bigger house, and what would be fantastical, would be to have a BIG house and foster more kids.

Don't shake your head and think I'm crazy.  Wait, you already know I am.  But I would, there is NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING more rewarding.



Lovely, losing over 50 pounds, finding friends and being the social little butterfly I knew she would be.

LB, totally off his IEP, working top of his class in the 4th grade, winning Student of the month, and his teacher's total favorite.

BB, learning more and more English, never meeting a kid that he doesn't play with and be friends with in 5 minutes, and wearing anything stuck in his pants, or hanging on his back with a headband he stole from Hallie,

These kids deserve a life.  They deserve a chance at a life.  And I know I can't save them all, but I can save three of them.  And maybe shelter more, if I find a home that will house more.  And when I'm old (er) and they have grown, I'd like to turn my big house into a shelter for women and children seeking shelter from abuse.

I have big fat hairy ridiculous goals.

Because this life isn't about me, it's about showing God's love through action.  And sometimes that looks crazy to some people.  And the crazier it is, the better God likes it.

The words to this song just hit home with me, because I'm not doing this for me, I'm doing this because walking with God will take you deeper than an ocean, it will take you to places you would never dream possible....  trust and Walk on.


4 comments:

  1. You are amazing. Those sweet and precious babies are so blessed to have you as a mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh!!! Amen! Praise God - so excited for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done the paperwork. It is paper pregnancy! Don't tell until you are all approved.
    You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an amazing woman and an inspiration to me...you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete