Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Update on Lovelies

As we are moving in on almost a year that I've had the older two, and starting our 2nd school year, I just want to give you an update on all that is happening with them. 

Much to my Lovely's chagrin, she was not old enough to stay home without someone here with her, so she and LB found themselves at the "College Kid" program at a local daycare. 

Not their favorite thing, but being the good sports that they are, they have weathered the daycare storm.  They are probably the two most anxious people in Norman to start back to school.  :)

They had a disastrous family counseling meeting a while back, and have steadfastly refused to talk to mom since then. 

Our caseworker quit, and we've inherited a new caseworker, and I will never, for a million years, EVER take for granted how good some caseworkers are, vs. other caseworkers.  For.the.love.

At last court hearing, the DA is now pushing to terminate parental rights.  That is tough.  The kids are completely on board.  We go next month to see if we go to jury trial (if the parents don't agree) or they just abdicate rights.  That won't happen, so we will have to go to court.  And have the kids testify, and they really are ready.

There are over 10,000 kids in the foster care system right now.  This state needs families to open their doors and hearts to these kids.  I like to think that there are only 9, 997 kids in foster care, because 3 of them are living with me in my little tiny house, with just little old me running the show. 

I'm not beyond begging people to consider foster care.  Or respite for foster families.  Or emergency placement for temporary placements.  You have NO idea the impact you can make in a child's life by simply saying "Yes" to being God's hands and feet. 

My lovelies are just three little kids that love the Lord and play and scream and eat their weight in Hot Cheetos.  These kids, and all the rest of them, deserve a chance at life, and you can make that happen by opening your hearts. 

Consider it, and if you are interested in more information, let me know and I can get you in touch with the right people.  "I know some people". 

There is no greater reward.  I just can't explain it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment