Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Leaving the Past Behind

WOW.  Did church hit me right in the gut again today.

I spent a whole bunch of years staring in the rear view mirror, despairing over my mistakes.  I told someone the other day, that I spent more time beating myself up over them, that I spent years thinking I was unworthy of God's grace.

Dumb.

God loves me.  God loves you.

He is working on me right now.  Pretty hard, intense and powerful.

I've been resistant to what He is putting before me.

SO RESISTANT.

But, my word for 2019 is OBEDIENCE. 

ACK, why did I choose that one?  Because God is calling me to be obedient in his calling.

I struggle with obedience.  I speed everywhere like my hair is on fire.  I do pretty much what I want, when I want.  But in 2019, I'm going to slow down and really be obedient.

I will clue everyone in the plans in a few weeks, as all the walls fall down.

Nothing about this life is easy, but walking in God's will has become the road I'm taking.  And boy, is He is a serious joker.  :O


This song undid me this morning.   Usually I get caught up in the billion word, and the rocks crying out in silence and I focus on that, but today, I heard it different.  If you gave your life to give me life, Lord, then I'm here.  Let me shine your love through my actions in 2019.

Give me strength and health to do your will, Lord.

That is my prayer.


2 comments:

  1. Love this, Laura! The song and your words spoke to my heart.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Love you, my friend 💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was Debbie (Duncan) Tefertiller- somehow my name didn't post

    ReplyDelete