Living the Dream

Living the Dream

Monday, July 18, 2016

In Praying for Alison

As Alison heads to surgery on Wednesday, she has asked for very specific prayer requests.

I will copy them, so I don't miss any.

All right, prayer warriors... the time has come to get down on our knees in prayer for my surgery on Wednesday! Scott and I will be leaving Tuesday morning for San Francisco, and we would covet your prayers over the next week. After having a family pow-wow to discuss specific prayer requests, here are the BIGGIES we are asking you to pray over:On the homefront:Restful, sound sleep every night beginning tonight! That all fears would be banished; for the peace of God to rule in this house and for hearts and minds to be at peace, trusting God completely.Sibling unity; love for one another; kindness and gentleness toward one another; patience. Safety in transportation to and from events.Good leadership from the older kids toward the youngers.For Surgery:I have one procedure on Tuesday the 19th to inject dye which will travel to my "sentinal" lymph node that will be removed in surgery to ascertain if any cancer has spread to the lymph nodes in my right underarm area.Surgery is scheduled to begin at 8:30 am on Wednesday the 20th, and should last 4 to 5 hours.For the Lord to provide supernatural peace that surpasses all understanding. That I would be able to walk confidently into the hospital Wednesday morning, trusting God completely. For me to have absolute faith and trust that God is leading me and therefore He will be faithful to sustain me.For miraculous healing and to be cancer free from this point on.For my surgeons to have skilled hands and wisdom.For every nurse who has contact with me to be attentive, skilled and alert, and that I would have favor with the hospital staff.For no mistakes to be made.For me to be protected from any infections or exposure to other sickness and germs.To have high tolerance for pain and discomfort and have good pain control.For Scott to be at peace while he is waiting during the surgery.For safe travel to and from San Francisco.For a full and complete recovery at home.I will be "turning over the reins" for updates this next week to Victoria and Savannah. Scott will be providing them updates from the hospital and they will then post updates here.Thank you, thank you, my faithful prayer partners. I am so thankful for your prayer covering.Pressing onward with God's grace,Alison


Today, I met with a couple that was in their 80's.  She shared with me that she was a breast cancer survivor.  She said to me, "I was and am the biggest wimp in the world when it comes to anything medical....so I had to put the cancer in a box, and give it to God.  Once I gave it to Him, I never worried about it again, I just did what I had to do to get through the surgery and chemo, and I knew that HE had the cancer, and that HE would control that box, and I promise, It got me through"
So powerful, how God puts the people in our path that we need to hear from.  I've been praying and praying for Alison's peace, and this precious little gal tells me exactly what I need to hear to share with my baby cousin.  
Extra prayers for the Grants, and meanwhile, that Cancer is in God's hands, not ours.  

I believe in total healing.   For God is Good.  

1 comment:

  1. Allison, God has got this...you touch my heart with your prayer request. You are a lovely woman of God and He has lots of work for you to do, so hand Him the box...its His. Love to you and your sweet momma and family..Debbie Miller

    ReplyDelete